Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Video Blogging, here I come

This is my first attempt at a video blog, which I thought would be a fun change of pace. My buddy Danny Belcher sang the National Anthem at the Portland Blazer's NBA game tonight in front of like 20,000 people, and I thought it would be a good event to record for posterity. Here ya go:



Obviously I'm still pretty new at using the camera, and editing, but hopefully I will improve.

Special thanks to Chris Mattaliano at Portland Opera for bringing us to the game, and to my new buddies RJ and Curt from La Shaque de la Radio (that's Radio Shack if you're not fluent in French) for helping me figure out which camera I wanted to buy for this new endeavor. Peace OUT!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yikes Bikes. Love it, love Danny, love you. Wouldn't it be cool if opera was as popular a sport as basketball?

Anonymous said...

Awesome rendition. Love the video blogging! I would love to know which camera you are using. (Is it a Flip? Because I am totally lemming a Flip.)

sestissimo said...

I went in thinking I was going to buy a flip camera, but I ended up buying a sanyo xacti CG10 because it has a larger screen that flips out and turns around (so you can film yourself) and has more goodies than the flip. But it's also a little more complicated to use, so it was a tough decision. So far, I love it!

C'est Moi said...

What a voice from that baby faced guy! Sound like the crowd appreciated him.

Lindsey Smith said...

Wow thanks for recording this! I was at the game and you could tell there was genuine enthusiasm for his performance.

Can't wait to see you all on stage together next month.