Friday, August 8, 2008

Lucky Day

08/08/08 is thought by some to be the luckiest day of the century (I learned this on NPR yesterday when I listened to it literally all day while I was painting my bedroom a shade of orange). I guess 8 is a particularly lucky number in Chinese culture, and they take it pretty seriously. Normally in China there are about 20,000 couples getting married on this particular friday in August, but today there are something like 80,000 scheduled to wed. I'm not particularly superstitious, but was still kind of pleased with my total when I stopped by the health food store to pick up milk and cereal. Check it out below - look at the number after total and the date. Maybe I'm pregnant with octuplets or I'm going to eat octopus later. Or maybe milk and cereal shouldn't cost nearly nine dollars.

1 comment:

ACB said...

That's awesome. It was a lucky day down here in VA, too!!!!!