Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Thwarted

I had every intention of doing something new today. I actually planned to go to the Wave Hill Gardens - a big park/art museum out in the Bronx, and in fact I took the 1 train to the last stop - 242nd street - in order to get there. But unfortunately I got very behind schedule this morning when dealing with some career stuff, and I got there 10 minutes later than the last shuttle left to get to the gardens. The gardens aren't really walking distance from the subway stop, but they have a free shuttle that takes you there at 10 minutes past every hour until 3:10. Unfortunately, by the time the subway pulled into the 242nd street station, It was about 3:20.

It's not my fault! This morning I got a call from my agents about the timing of some future job offers. As it stands right now, I have a large hole in my schedule - hole is an understatement - it's more like the crater that would be created if a meteor hit the earth - followed by a period of 4 months in which I have 5 offers. Unfortunately, because of the timing of said offers, it's looking like I can only accept 2 of them, and all 5 of them are things I REALLY want to do for varying reasons. Plus I have agents here in the U.S and agents in France and I'm trying to coordinate the offers from different continents with different people receiving differing commissions - suffice it to say I was starting to feel slightly hysterical when I was informed that yet another offer conflicted with already accepted jobs. WHY? I say why???? does everything have to happen at once?? Can't one of these jobs please land in the meteor sized hole in my calendar?

I did try a new japanese restaurant with my best friend who is only in town for a day and a half, so I guess I didn't completely break my own rules of trying something new every day. And tomorrow I have a really good new thing to try, so stay tuned...

3 comments:

Katypracht said...

Ugh. I'm sorry to hear all of your offers are happening at the same time, but I'm so happy to hear about all the offers!! It's got to be hard to be that fabulous. :) Mmmmmmwa, eKaterina

ilana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ilana said...

Woops I deleted my comment by accident.

...So I was going to let you know that if you'd like to try the Wave Hill adventure again, I'd be happy to take you! It's really beautiful there and I'm a member so I can bring you as a guest! And it's a 5 minute drive from my place ! (no shuttle!)