Friday, February 5, 2010

The Premiere

It was great!!!

Of course I made a couple of first night jittery mistakes which I was really annoyed at myself for (and which I'm not going to go into detail about here because I've learned not to do that) but otherwise I felt good about my performance, and felt that the show as a whole went really, really well. The audience reaction was extremely positive, and the rest of the cast gave absolutely outstanding, fantastic performances. And nobody booed!!!! I have been to a few premieres here in Germany, and the audience has ALWAYS booed the director, even when I thought the show was great. But not last night - warm cheers and applause for all the singers, for the maestro, and for the production team!

The performance will be broadcast on the radio, which can also be streamed live online at daskulturradio.de at 7:30 PM Berlin time, this Sunday the 7th.

I want to write a more interesting collection of thoughts about the performance and about the important lessons I have taken away from this experience so far, but right now I'm feeling tired and overwhelmed from last night, so I will leave you with a few images from the production taken during rehearsals by the extremely talented countertenor, cast member, and photographer Dominique Visse. He is really an all around artist, and I am amazed at the images he was able to capture when he was in between singing his own scenes.





3 comments:

mynciboi said...

Great pics,can't wait to see it on tuesday

Unknown said...

Great and congratulations! I sifted trough some critics, overall they were overwhelming with little reservations about the stage direction. And some critics should learn, that with Jacobs you won't get fierce Italian baroque ensemble sound. But then Barenboim even threatened to use in future the Staatsorchester for the Cadenza Barocktage. Anyway, when mentioned, you've got your share of praise!

Tomorrow I'll record the radio broadcast, so in case that anyone is interested in it, let me know. I won't listen to it before the show on Tuesday. So better stay healthy!

Katypracht said...

Congratulations on your triumph, Jenny, and those pictures are amazing! What a wonderful addition to your website they'll make!

Stay well and continue to enjoy.
Mmmmmwa,
K