Saturday, May 17, 2008

Mom and Dad day 1

I had a great time yesterday beginning to show my mom and dad around, and really getting to use my skills in italian not just as a speaker but as a translator. Luckily my mom and dad were pretty wiped out from jet-lag and didn't want to run around like maniacs seeing all of Italy in one day because I had to try to reserve some energy for my opening tonight. But I did take them a few places and we had a great dinner at the restaurant across from my hotel where they actually know me and treat me like family now. My parents haven't been in Europe for 20 years, but they're so used to coming to see me sing places, somehow it doesn't seem that weird. Now I just have to get myself in a good mental space for tonight's first performance and go out there and make Mom, Dad, and Mozart proud. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: